I crossed a new threshold in my parenting yesterday. I was out walking the dog and carrying Elijah. He started getting fussy to go to sleep but he didn't want to nurse. I pulled his new pacifier out of my pocket, noticed it was covered in lint, and without thinking stuck it in my own mouth to suck off the offending debris. I've done a lot of things in the past five years, but this was the first time I swallowed lint to clean off a kids' toy.
I don't imagine it will be the last.
- this moment
- What's a good reason to get pregnant, and where is my flipping camera?
- long-ago adventures in camping, day 2
- life skills